05 April 2013

Dang, it's been a while.

I can't believe it has been more than two years since I made a post. How have you lived without me?

Well, I've been busy. I lot of stuff has happened in the past two years. I got divorced, so that was a pretty big deal. But it's OK, apart from the being poor and working at a crappy job part of it. Maybe that will get better soon too.

I've been in love with someone, but that's never going to work out. He can't make up his mind about stuff. And I thought women were supposed to be the indecisive ones? Regardless, I enjoyed it while it lasted. And honestly, I don't know if I could have made it through the last year without it, so I have no regrets.

My son is doing well, mostly. He's pretty lazy, so that's a problem, but he has a good heart and a great imagination and a strong sense of fairness and honor.

Where does this all leave me? I could be in worse shape. But I'm at a strange place in life and not exactly sure what my next step is. I left a long marriage and a reasonably secure identity, and then realized that identity had been false for almost the whole time. I've spent a lot of years doing what other people expect out of me and trying to live up to this or that standard, and now that I'm free to do whatever I want...I have no idea where to start. So it's a new adventure. Maybe I'm not too old yet to get somewhere.

No comments: