09 February 2008

Where did I go wrong?

My little girl is knocked up. You try to raise them right...

In my history of pet ownership, I have failed to get an animal properly spayed or neutered only once, and now it has come back to bite me in the ass. Here's how it happened:

1. I went to bed one night after noticing Persephone acting a little strangely. I thought absently, "She's beyond old enough to be spayed now. Better make an appointment."
2. The next morning I woke up to my husband saying, "This cat is crazy!" and to the sound of the cat singing like a rock star. I promptly said, "Oh shit. She's in heat. No wonder she was acting strangely last night."
3. My husband immediately opened the back door to smoke and released my horny girl into the wild. An hour later when I was finally able to get her called back into the house, a gentleman caller was hot on her tail. Having once tasted the forbidden fruit, she managed to escape twice more the next day. Of course by then it was too late.

So I guess I'll be a grandmother in about six weeks. Great! Maybe I can get her on welfare.

No comments: