30 August 2008

My Famous Friends



This is the video of my poker pal Jim at the recent gig he had with Lanisa Keith. She's a Contemporary Christian singer from California. You may recall that Jim is one half of Jim & Jess, two of my favorite poker buddies. I don't know if I mentioned before that they play guitar, which is a thing I envy deeply. Anyhow, Jim got the job for this particular show. He's the one playing that nice Taylor cutaway acoustic in the black Fender T-shirt. The cameraman, or "trained camera monkey" as he put it, was Jess. I think Jim was pretty nervous about the whole thing, but it looks like everything went well. He's got a few more jobs coming up too.

It's nice to see people doing things they like love to do and enjoying it. It's good to have friends, too, who share those things with you. I'm glad I ran into them on the poker tables. I enjoy observing their friendship. It encourages me about people.

No comments: