26 August 2008

My Favorite TV Show

CSI: Miami is the best show on television. Don't shake your head and disagree. It's the most kick-ass show on TV, and I know this is true because I don't watch TV but I do watch CSI: Miami. Of all the shows available, it is the only one that has grabbed my attention. I suppose, though, that can be good or bad.

I've discussed my love of the show among friends. Our mothers LOVE the show because they LOVE David Caruso and they think it's cool. We love the show because we laugh our asses off from start to finish. It's a combination of soap drama and pure camp. And to the credit of those who make the show, I'm pretty sure they know this because it seems to be getting worse/better with every episode.

To start, the primary character is named Horatio. You can't beat that. You can only emulate. (Proof is the lead character named Jethro on NCIS, a similar program.) Horatio dresses in black from head to toe in the middle of the day in Miami. He can do this because he is that cool. He speaks in a series of one-liners, filled with pregnant pauses during which he can put on or remove his sunglasses. For instance, ehem, "The verdict is in Frank, [puts on shades] but the jury is out."

To make it even cooler, Horatio's first one-liner of the show is punctuated with with the voice of Roger Daltry screaming "YEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!" from The Who's song Won't Get Fooled Again. It's absolutely perfect.

And so is everyone on the show. These forensics people in Miami are HOT. They're all smart and beautiful and ethnically diverse. Their hair is perfect, their clothes are high style. Best of all, the forensics lab looks like a night club.

Luckily, I discovered the show once it was in syndication, so every few days I can catch a couple of back-to-back episodes on A&E. I love it more every time. I really hope that if I'm ever brutally murdered, it's in Miami.

No comments: