02 January 2008

Happy New Year

Yeah, so I'm a day late. I was busy!

They say that what you do on New Year's Day will dictate what you do all year. If that's true, not bad.

Started the day by sleeping late. That would be nice to do most of the year, which means I'm pretty sure I will win the lottery in order to not have to work in order to sleep late most days.

Next, we had lunch at Mamaw's house. We had the traditional blackeyed peas and turnip greens (both said to ensure prosperity in the coming year), and enjoyed a nice visit. I take this as further proof of an impending nice visit from the Prize Patrol.

After that, we painted the living room while watching football games. Now let's say I win the lottery. I'd buy a new house right away, which means I'd be supervising a lot of painting. Not to mention that I'd have the gigantic plasma screen for watching football. Further evidence!

And also, did I mention I got laid at one point during the day? I'm not sure what that has to do with the lottery, but it's nice in any case.

The point of all of this is BIG THINGS IN 2008!

And speaking of big things in 2008, here is the text of my favorite recent SPAM email:

Cannot choose a New Year gift for your lady?

Be sure, she will appreciate it very much to discover
a super-size one-eyed python in your pants!

Only real men deserve success in this world!
Become a successful man with a long and thick stick in year 2008!

Hey, here's hoping we all have much success in 2008, python or not.

No comments: