09 October 2007

Doing My Part for Innovation

I saw author John Kao on the Colbert Report the other night. Funny fellow who could really hold his own on a show like that. Anyway, his book is Innovation Nation: How America Is Losing Its Innovation Edge, Why It Matters, and What We Can Do to Get It Back. Naturally, he talked a lot about how we need to learn more math and science in America and how my generation needs to stop being a bunch of slackers. Agreed. To do my part I will share some of my recent innovations.

* Lifting gloves. Normally you'd use these when bench pressing. (check out Brady Quinn benching like a lineman in the NFL Combine this year here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPVur-kSlwE ) My innovation is to use the lifting gloves when I have to shoot football on Friday nights when the weather is cold. You can't operate a camera with gloves on, but lifting gloves leave your fingertips exposed for ease of camera use! This also allows your manicure to remain visible, and that's important.

* Speaking of manicures, get more use from your clear nail polish by using it to stop a run in your hose, waterproof/smudgeproof labels, get rid of warts (a week or so you will see the difference) and protect the eye paint on your child's action figures.

* Did I mention panty hose and knee highs? First, they make good ropes. Second, I have restuffed many a teddy bear with worn out nylons. Knee highs can be cut into circles and used as ponytail holders. These are great for girl athletes because there are no hard metal parts (which are prohibited in competition often) and the nylons are gentle on hair.

How's that for innovation? I am doing my part for America's future.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Kat,

If everyone put as much effort into innovating glamour as you do, we'd be a much better looking country.

John Kao

Moxie Dawn said...

Wow, thanks John! You're no slack yourself, cutie! Looking forward to checking out your book.