11 October 2007

Revenge is a dish best served electronically.

I'm suffering a week-long ban from the Browns forum. It's self--imposed; I lost a bet. Last week I posted boldly that the Browns could actually beat the Patriots, however unlikely that might be. I had faith, you see. I believed! I was on the bandwagon.

Then one of the founding fathers of the Browns forum said, "wanna bet?" That was my undoing.

This betting is a forum tradition. They do it all the time. The typical terms are, if you lose, you stay out of the forum for a week. You can look, but you can't post. This was my first challenge, and it was a sucker bet. I couldn't lay off or I would have been labeled nutless. And worse, I was so keen on protecting my figurative manhood that I didn't even ask for the points! As it turns out, the points wouldn't have helped anyway. The Trickster knew I wouldn't be able to say no. So this week he's posted 10 times more than usual, knowing I can read it, reminding everyone how miserable I am.

But ah, revenge. Every time I read something I can't post back to, I just send him an email vent about it. I think I hit him 17 times yesterday. Can you hear my soft, satisfied chuckle?

1 comment:

Spookzeus said...

Oh, when i want revenge on someone, I just make them watch a Browns game. That usually works pretty well.