15 November 2007

Time to Grow a Pair

The problem with being a pleaser by nature is that you get screwed. There are a million maxims and idioms and mantras and proverbs and fortune cookies full of wisdom for people like me. Essentially, they all say the same thing: grow some nuts.

And they're right. The truth is, I'm not actually a pleaser. I'm actually a pussy, and inevitably, after I pussy out about something, I kick myself and stew in my own resentment and self-loathing until I'm impossible to deal with.

This doesn't excuse the vile ways or advantage-taking of others (see previous post), but it places a fair amount of blame on the common denominator. I am the common denominator in every screwing I have ever suffered. And sadly, I seldom see these events as a screwing until it is too late. I hope to mend my ways ASAHMFP.

I have sought advice on the matter, and am more than willing to take more suggestions on how I go about growing a big pair of balls. I love symbolism and I'm a visual person, so I will start carrying a pair of large stones in my pocket to remind me, literally, to have a pair. I may even fondle them through my jeans like guys do, just to keep them in my mind.

No comments: