15 November 2007

What Comes Around

I'm trying to figure out what exactly I did six months or a year ago or whenever it was to have such Karma visited upon me as it has been recently.

Betrayal.

Et tu, bitches? God, I am so right to prefer male friends.

It hurts when friends of decades decide to make you the frog to their gig. You wonder what hit you. You never see it coming. You feel like a fool. And all this time you thought you were a nice person and that they were also nice persons and that things would work out for all. Then they do something ridiculous like tell lies about you or take your job or turn another friend against you, and if that don't throw your hat in the creek I don't know what will. Really, the shit that has happened to me recently goes beyond mere hat throwing. My entire trousseau has been dumped in the mudhole. The specific infractions matter not; in the end they are all the same. They are attacks of opportunity committed by opportunistic traitors. They are bad kitties, shitting in your sandbox.

And still I persist in my Pollyanna ways. I believe in remorse. I have faith in contrition. I appreciate regret. I have felt all those things myself at times in my life, and been thankful to gain forgiveness for a transgression. Strangely enough, I've been called naive and too trusting and too forgiving by EVERY ONE of the friends who have recently torn my guts asunder. I wonder how they feel about that now?

Karma is a bitch, ladies, and it takes one to know one. I've paid for something I did, even if I don't know what. And you will too.

No comments: